Monday, December 3, 2012

Applesauce Brownies

With the holidays here that means one thing, break out the stretchy pants because it's time to put on that holiday poundage! Well I woke up this morning with an unbelievable desire for brownies (let's be real, I just wanted to procrastinate my studying) but I also knew that I was out of oil, what's a girl to do?




Well believe it or not I heard that you can substitute no sugar added applesauce for oil in brownie mix! I have to say I was a little skeptical at first, but truth be told, these brownies actually taste really good--and not to mention they are loads healthier! I basically followed the directions on the box except I only used one egg. Apparently not using oil changes the texture of the brownies which I could see right away when mixing. Using only one egg instead of two makes them slightly "fudgier" but it still has a cake like consistency. But other than that I still used 1/4 of water and 1/2 a cup of applesauce instead of oil.

These healthier brownies taste wonderful, and I can eat seconds without feeling so guilty, especially around the holidays. See? It's a win win!

Happy baking y'all!
peace&hearts,
G.
Even Spider-Man was trying to snag some :)
Yum! (sorry about the bad nail polish)

No comments:

Post a Comment