Sunday, January 22, 2012

Apple Pie Pops

Howdy Hey Bloggers!

I know it's been a while since I've blogged, and I apologize for that. Unfortunately, being a college student and with school starting, my new posts will probably only once a week. That being said, I was very happy to be back in the kitchen yesterday! And as a tribute to being back I decided to bake my famous Pie Pops. If you have never heard of one before, think of a cake pop, but it's a pie on a stick instead =]


First you have to peel two apples


You will chop one and a half




Add about a 1/4 cup of sugar


And about a Tablespoon of flour


Dash in cinnamon and nutmeg 


Mix together!


On cut out pie crust secure a lollipop stick with a 
small piece of dough and then
top with the apple mixture


Place another circle of pie crust on top
and secure the side with a fork


Brush on egg whites 


Bake at 350 degrees for 14-15 minutes


Should be golden brown 


Once cooled I wrapped them in plastic wrap 
and I tied them together with a ribbon


I first made these it was this past christmas, a berry pie pop, and I think they were a big hit! This time I thought I would make apple pie instead--an american classic with the twist of a stick! These are perfect for an on-the-go sweet snack, and it really is fun to eat!

peace&hearts,
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment