Saturday, January 7, 2012

Strawberry Cupcakes

Yes, I know, they ARE very pink. But trust me they are oh so delicious! I must be honest with you, I made the crystallized strawberries in hope to garnish these cupcakes today. However, it saddens me to say that the berries did not exactly turn out like I had hoped they would. In fact they did not seem to crystallize at all. They looked exactly the same this morning as they did in the picture I posted last night...no change at all! Does anyone know what went wrong? No worries, I will keep trying to perfect the recipe and I will let you know if my second, third, fourth etc. batch is any better than this one. I would have taken a picture of the final product but it looks exactly like the one already posted on my previous entry.

That being said, I did make some Strawberry Cupcakes this morning! Here's the final product:

Getting ready to go in the oven

Frosting tip: If you don't have a proper frosting bag
you can put the frosting in a Ziplock bag and cut off 
one corner, squeeze out in a circular fashion or 
straight in one spot.

Since my crystallized berries did not turn out, I 
decided to garnish my cupcakes with sliced berries.

Final product!


1 comment: