Monday, January 9, 2012

Polish Cookies

On Christmas Day my mom and I drove three hours over to my boyfriends parents house for a lovely Christmas dinner. His mom made a scrumptious meal and the company was positively delightful. After dinner his mom served us cake and these little bites of heaven cookies, made by the mother of my boyfriend's sister-in-law. She is from Poland and so is the recipe of these cookies. They are called Kolaches, but his sister-in-law has since informed me the correct spelling of them is Kolaczli. The cookie part itself is not too sweet, and they are filled with little drops of fruit filling inside.

My mom and I loved them so much that my boyfriend's mom sent us home with a bag full. Unfortunately, by the end of the 3 hour drive back home there were only three left...they were oh so yummy! In order to fix the problem of a lack of these cookies, fate was looking out for me and I stumbled upon a recipe in my new baking book that I got for christmas! Well you can imagine my delight in finding it amongst 700+ recipes! I decided to bake them today and I must say they turned out tasting oh so good!
Peace&Hearts,
G.

All you need to make these cookies!
(yes it calls for ice cream!)


Mix together the Ice Cream and
 room temperature butter


It will look curdled when ready


Then add the 2 cups of flour and 
Tablespoon of sugar
Mix together


Then separate into fours and
refrigerate for 2 hours or 
until easy to handle


Roll out dough with rolling pin
and cut out with a cookie cutter--
I don't actually own any so I had
to use a cup...


Put a dollop of fruit filling of any flavor 
in the center



Fold over and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes


Then dust with confectioners sugar 
if desired!



Final product!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. I hate that you're cooking delicous things when I can't enjoy them. These look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing! What are the measurements for the ice cream and butter?

    ReplyDelete